Queensland Independent Schools Block Grant Authority (QIS BGA) is a not for profit company that receives capital funds to provide to independent schools in Queensland, under the legislation and guidelines of both the Australian and Queensland Governments.
How do we assist independent schools?
We specialise in architectural project management services for private independent schools.
We assist education providers with obtaining grant funding by Queensland Independent Schools (QIS) Block Grant Authority (BGA) through the following grants:
- Australian Government Capital Grants Program (CGP) – to improve capital infrastructure.
- State Capital Assistance Scheme (SCAS) – to to construct, convert, refurbish and upgrade tuition, tuition support and boarding facilities.
- External Infrastructure Subsidy (EIS) Scheme – where any capital works project results in the relevant local government authority requiring new or improved external infrastructure or new infrastructure charge contributions.
We assist schools with traditional procurement and design and construction (D&C) procurement.
We assist private schools with documentation in accordance with QIS Block Grant Authority and Australian Standard AS4120 – Australian Standard Code of Tendering requirements.
When assisting schools with architectural project management services we assist with:
- Land / property acquisition and disposal
- Master planning
- Project rationale and briefing
- Project applications and capital works applications
- Obtaining funding through Block Grant Authority (BGA) and banks
- Engaging consultants and project teams
- Managing design and value management
- Managing development applications (DA, OPW, Council, State, DTMR)
- Managing building applications (BA)
- Project timelines
- Prepare tender documentation and manage tender process
- Coordinate construction contract execution
- Contract management during the delivery and construction of a project
- Management of practical completion and handover
- Management of defects liability period