Pre-lodgement meeting request
Council offers a prelodgement meeting service to identify potential issues for a development proposal.
The intent of this service is to ensure the resolution of any issues prior to lodgement of a development application. Pre-lodgement meetings result in a speedier assessment process.
A pre-lodgement meeting has mandatory documents required to be provided in order to be validated as a pre-lodgement meeting. Pre-lodgement requests may be refused where information is insufficient, unsuitable or where specific issues have not been identified on the form.
Preparing for a Prelodgement meeting with Council
EVERETT Property Development Management assist you with the mandatory documents required to be provided to council for requesting a prelodgement meeting with Brisbane City Council, Moreton Bay Regional Council, Sunshine Coast Council, Logan City Council and City of Gold Coast.
What documents do I have to submit along with my request?
A pre-lodgement meeting requires a high level of information to be provided. See the following outline of mandatory information to be submitted:
- a fully completed request pre-lodgement meeting form
- a covering letter or short report detailing the specific issues to be discussed with reference to the specific scheme provision(s), e.g. strategic framework elements, performance outcomes, acceptable outcomes, a site analysis plan prepared in accordance with City Plan policy – ‘Site Analysis’.
- concept plan/s drawn to a minimum scale of 1:200 for the proposal, including details such as the following:
- location and nominated use of all existing buildings/structures on the allotment with dimensions from the outermost projection to the property boundary/s
- the entire allotment dimensioned showing all road frontages including the name of the road/s
- location and nominated use of all proposed buildings/structures on the allotment, with dimensions from the outermost projection to the property boundary/s
- proposed subdivision layout, with proposed lot sizes and road frontages.
- other documentation submitted in support of the proposal, e.g. contour plans, aerial photographs, traffic analysis study.
What if I do not provide all the mandatory information required for a pre-lodgement meeting?
Pre-lodgement meeting requests may be refused where information is insufficient or unsuitable.
How much do meetings cost?
The cost of the pre-lodgement meeting is in accordance with the City’s regulatory fees and non-regulatory charges.
How much time will be allowed for my meeting?
Pre-lodgement meetings will be limited to a maximum of 45 minutes.
What will be discussed at the meeting?
Discussions and advice will relate to the issues you identified on the meeting request form and/or accompanying documentation. Issues must be specific and relate directly to the proposed development.
Will the meeting cover all the issues related to my application?
The pre-lodgement meeting will focus on the issues you identified on the pre-lodgement meeting form and/or accompanying documentation. You should be aware that other issues might be raised during the assessment process.
Does a meeting indicate that my application will be approved?
Pre-lodgement meetings are a forum for informal discussion and advice only. They do not constitute a detailed assessment nor indicate in any way the outcome of any subsequent assessment processes.
Will I receive a record of the meeting?
City officers will provide written summaries of key points discussed, however attendees are encouraged to make their own notes.
Where can I get more information?
Contact the EVERETT Property Development Management
Explore the possibilities